Monday, March 30, 2009

Woosah....woosah


I read an article in the AM NY last Friday about angry New Yorkers. During these hard and controversial times it’s no shock that the vocal residents of NYC would protest about the AIG bonuses, cuts on schools and hospitals, and of course my favorite topic the MTA far hikes. Which by the way I’ve thought about a bike but being that my apartment is too small to store it and it’s still freezing outside so I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the ride anyway I think I’ll stay away from that idea. I’m feeling angry already so let me just get to the point….

New Yorkers are angrier than ever and it’s not healthy! The AM article quoted a psychotherapist who confirmed that our anger can easily turn to an increase in blood pressure and lead to cardiovascular disease.

So here’s the deal, lets remember to take some time and say “wooosah” during our day. I’ve combined a list of personal tips and some from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

1. Exercise/Yoga: you don’t have to pay for it, there’s a ton of stuff online and even programs on cable television that can instruct you on things to do
2. Hang out with friends J I’ve been blessed to have some awesome friends and I’d be willing to lend them
3. If you’ve been laid off, take some naps in between job hunting and filling out your Unemployment Benefits application
4. Work on meditation and breathing patterns, you can get more info on this online
5. Eat healthy and drink lots of water
6. Go to the library and get some books…they even have DVDs nowadays so get a movie while you’re at it

No comments:

Post a Comment